We answer our most commonly received questions below!
Who takes care of my children while I’m in class or in church?
- ECCD Kids classes are taught by church members who have volunteered to serve the congregation in this way. Volunteers attend a training in the beginning of the school year, and there are always at least two teachers for each class.
How are the classes split up?
- Students are grouped according to age. Currently, the split is 1-2, 3-5 and 6+ year olds.
What will my child learn about on Sundays?
- The Gospel, of course! We believe that it is crucial for children to be told the truth of the saving work of Christ, even from a young age. (Ephesians 6:4) Children of all ages (1-11) hear the truth of the Gospel through song, prayer, teaching, and application activities. This year we're learning Big Truths for Young Hearts (based on the book by Bruce Ware). Preschoolers learn one Bible truth each month, while Elementary kids learn a different Bible truth each week.
What are drop-off and pick-up times?
- Children can be dropped off before the main service (10:15am - 10:30am). We ask that parents pick-up their children either immediately after the service (around 12:15pm). Children can check into ECCD Kids until 11am. After 11am, parents need to bring their kid(s) into Maranatha Hall upstairs.
What should my child bring?
- Please do not bring any food for them, however a water bottle is allowed.
- For 6+ children, bring a Bible with their name clearly written inside.
- For all children we strongly discourage bringing toys or other items from home as this can be disruptive to the class.
What if I have a child with special needs?
- Gate 139 is the ministry for special needs children at ECCD Kids. In Gate 139 our goal is to partner with parents of children with special needs as they raise their children in the knowledge and instruction of the Lord.
- If you have a child who you think would benefit from this ministry, please contact us to talk about your child's needs and how we can best minister to them.
Can I stay with my child during the class?
- If it’s your child’s first time at ECCD Kids, you can request for a Visitor’s name tag from Registration to help ease them into a new environment. After the first time, however, we would suggest that you let the child get accustomed to sitting in class with other kids their age apart from their parent(s).
- Click here to download a helpful article that can help with Separation Anxiety.
How are children protected in ECCD Kids?
- We take the safety of all children left in our care seriously. Our Child Protection Policy has been approved by the church Elders and it is read, understood and agreed to by all volunteers. The principles from this document are also implemented in the classrooms. Click here to read our Child Protection Policy.
I have more questions! Who can I contact?
- If you have more questions, please send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!
If you'd like to hear some songs we sing at ECCD Kids, please click here.